GRUNDY COUNTY REC 2021 ANNUAL MEETING RECAP
The staff and board of directors was excited to once again hold the Grundy County REC Annual Meeting in-person this year. The evening was full of fun, delicious food, and great conversation.
Board President Larry Rohach called the 85th Annual Meeting of Grundy County Rural Electric Cooperative to order. In accordance with the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws, the business meeting was conducted to complete director elections. The needed quorum of 50 was established through the return of 207 ballots. Those in attendance heard updates from Treasurer Kevin Pruisner, President Larry Rohach, and General Manager Michael Geerdes. President Rohach also opened the floor to those in attendance for open discussion and questions.
Parliamentarian Dennis Puckett, attorney with Sullivan & Ward, conducted the director election process. The following directors were re-elected to three-year terms:
- Incumbent Norbert Boyle, District 2
- Incumbent Nick Strohbehn, District 3
This year we had multiple prize drawings for a chance to win a Daniel Boone Green Mountain Grill from Recreation Unlimited, a member of our REC in Traer, 1 of 4-$50 bill credits, and the opportunity for a mini-member to win a bike and be able to shop for their bike of choice with our linemen! The lucky winners of these great prizes are:
- Marilyn Svoboda - Daniel Boone Green Mountain Grill
- Lucy Meyers - Bike + shop with a lineman
- Clearview Family Farms - $50 bill credit
- Shane Metz - $50 bill credit
- Rosemary Heetland - $50 bill credit
- St. Wenc Church - $50 bill credit
Following the business meeting, the board reorganizational meeting was held. Below are Grundy County REC’s slate of elected officers:
- Larry Rohach, president
- Jason Paper, vice president
- Nick Strohbehn, secretary
- Kevin Pruisner, treasurer
- Matt Kopriva, assistant secretary & treasurer
- David Schmidt & Norbert Boyle, directors
Thank you to all of the members, guests, and fellow cooperative managers who took the time to stop in for the annual meeting.